MDM is a Display Manager which is developed by Mint team for Linux Mint distribution, it is based on GDM. It provides graphical configuration tools, theme ability, remote, automatic and timed login, event scripting, language selection and it comes with more features than any other Display Manager currently available.
Features of MDM greeter:
- A themeable GDM greeter, for which hundreds of themes are available.
- A brand new HTML greeter, also themeable which supports a new generation of animated and interactive themes.
- Collection of GDM and animated HTML themes for MDM.
- The layout of the GTK greeter was improved, and the GDM greeter is now able to draw frames around text entries if the theme asks for it (this significantly enhances the quality of some of the GDM themes).
- MDM received a lot of “under the hood” improvements and bug fixes in the last 6 months.
- The MDM configuration tool now available in Menu named as mdmsetup, looks better and is more intuitive than before.
To install MDM and MDM themes in Ubuntu open Terminal (Press Ctrl+Alt+T) and copy the following commands in the Terminal:
Extended article on noobslab: http://www.noobslab.com/2013/12/mdm-display-manager-and-mdm-themes-for.html